DOCUMENTING FOR OUR FAMILY, FRIENDS & INNOCENT BYSTANDERS,
THE SIGHTS, SOUNDS AND TASTES OF OUR VARIOUS ADVENTURES.


HI THERE AND WELCOME!!!
You were probably directed here by some mis-guided soul
who thought that you could use a chuckle or two.
See how The NOWAT series' began at:
www.TheNOWAT.blogspot.com
For the albums of this NOWAT click below:
RIVERCRUISE PART I - Paris & Amsterdam
RIVERCRUISE PART II Up The Rhine
Click any photo to start a slideshow then select slideshow from the drop down menu, or use your arrow keys to advance.

Don't Forget, clicking Blue Links
in each post leads to more in-depth info.


HELLO DELTA! WTF!

OR
Is this $#!% REALLY still happening!

Sooooo… as I'm enjoying my Scotch after penning that marathon NOWAT of the night’s tumult, my email dings and I see my requested ALERT to CHECK IN! 
So I tap the link and it takes me to the flight info which shows we’ve Already checked in but NOW - with all the hullabaloo about Viking screwing up MY ticket before the “Re-Fix”…  I see that it says
“NO SEAT for CharlesMR. - To Be Assigned at Gate”.
W T F!!!
I’VE LOST MY SEAT ON THE AISLE ACROSS FROM DL, THE ONE I PAID EXTRA FOR!!!

Tap-Tap-Tap/Dial-dial-dial…Ring-Ring
“Welcome back to Delta Charles! We see you have a flight today, how can we help?”  
YEAH, now even their freakin’ robot knows my name, apparently from registering my phone for...
Wait for it…
ALERTS!  
So… instead of holding, I choose - call me back in “3-10 Minutes”. 

The call comes in while I'm chasing the paperwork from the seat purchase and of course I drop the phone, disconnecting the call back.
Tap-Tap-Tap/Dial-dial-dial-Ring-ring…
Only to be “Welcomed again… “Do you want to cancel the call back… Press…?”  
No, Damn it… I'll wait. 

4 minutes later Bored Lana comes on and can’t understand what’s goin’ on.  She then asks:
"Do you want a Window or an Aisle…"
“I've Already Paid for an Aisle Seat… across from my wife… don’t you see the confirmation# from my purchase?”
“Yes”, she sees the confirmation…
“Do you want an Aisle or Window?”
Calmly, Softly, S-l-o-w-l-y...
“L i s t e n… L a n a…” 

After “One More Time” of the current and recent debacles…
“Please hold.”
10 minutes later an even more Bored sounding Lana comes back and say’s,
“OK try it now, do you see it?”.
“Yeah, Now I have my $15 seat back, 
THANK YOU!”

NOW, I have her check all the other seating stuff before I try to check in for Zurich at 8AM EuroTime/11PM PST and, being the weekend by then and me being in Europe, having no-one to call at VIKING "Air Freakin' Plus"!!!

All other seats are right and Bored Lana Thanks me for flying DELTA [as I'm wondering out loud WHY] and disconnects to the short one question Survey...

"On a 1 to 5 scale, 
5 being Strongly Agree - 
1 being Strongly Disagree
If You owned a business, would you hire the agent that just assisted you?"

Fill in the number you think I pressed...

There's more, but I gotta go... the Packing Ballet has already started - without me.

Where's that Damn Scotch bottle...


Ciao Pour L’instant,
Uncle Chuck & The emptying the closet on the bed
Dragon Lady

No comments:

Post a Comment